I just sent Roman to Time Out... again. I stopped for a second to explain that it was important to learn to listen and obey Mama and Daddy because that is what God asks of him, and it is important to listen and obey God too. Roman asked me, "If I don't obey God then I won't get a cross?" He was referring to the cross that is drawn on his forehead when he receives a prayer of blessing from our pastors when the adults receive communion. My heart just welled up inside of me. I was so thrilled to be able to explain to Roman that it is exactly because we don't listen and obey that we need the cross.
What an honor it is to be tasked with teaching him this truth. It kinda' made Time Out a little bit easier on me.
No comments:
Post a Comment