I hosted a church group in our home yesterday. (We invite groups into our home to learn about the Casa Chirilagua ministry and immigration.) Matt decided to take the kids into DC and go to the small aquarium. He wasn't anticipating the crowds for the Cherry Blossom Festival Parade, or that he would get stuck waiting for the entire parade to pass by in order to cross the street. So, even though it wasn't in the plans, Roman got to see his first parade.
I was asking Roman about the parade as I put him to bed last night. He shouted out a list of what he saw, "Drums, saxophones, peoples with instruments. Flags, ladies with flags, cowboys, horses, wagons, wheels!"
"Wow, buddy, you saw a lot of stuff in the parade."
"Yeah, it was a haaarrrrrrrrrrrrd day!"
Praise the Lord for hard days like that!
No comments:
Post a Comment