I felt beautiful. I also love that he hears that kind of speech around him, and he is learning to compliment. I want Roman to grow into a boy who is quick to encourage and sincere in his praise. I am so thankful for the people in our home and lives that model this for him.
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
compliments matter....
We had a large group of college students visiting our home and neighborhood the other day. I was hurrying around moving furniture, gathering chairs, dressing the children, etc. I realized minutes before their anticipated arrival that I was not yet dressed. I ran upstairs, stole some clothes from Jessica, dug some jeans out of the dirty clothes, threw a scarf around my hair. I decided to throw on some jewelry to feel a little bit more put together. As I ran back down the stairs, Roman looked up from the rocking chair where he was reading his book and let out a little gasp. "Dress pretty, Mommy!" he said with a big smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yea, sweet boy! You are beautiful, Rachel. I'm glad you felt it in that moment.
ReplyDelete