| Roman with Baby Bear. We read Baby Bear, Baby Bear or Polar Bear, Polar Bear or Brown Bear, Brown Bear at least 3 times a day. |
Everyday Selah and Roman do something new. Each time I am amazed at their brilliance. My brother likes the way I try to mask bragging on my kids. I always seem to want to clarify first. Comments like, "I know all mothers say this, but..." or "All two-year-olds amaze their parents, but Roman...," come out of me ALL THE TIME! It seems that I know I am a blubbering fool for my kids, and I want others to know that I am aware.
For the last several days whenever Roman passed gas he would pat his bum and say, "Burp." Now when he passes gas he swings his little fist in front of his chest and says, "Argh." (Translation: This is his pirate imitation, apparently passing gas reminds him of pirates.) He has also developed a fascination with giants, and he likes when we grunt, "Fee Fi Fo Fum." He likes it a lot. We do a lot of giant imitating around here.
Whenever we talk about going outside he says something along the lines of, "dot-ter." This seems to either means doctor or helicopter. We'll keep you posted.
As I have stated, Selah seems to have a perpetual look of concern on her face. I have also noticed that while she may be dressed in sweet pastels and lay quietly sleeping, her hair is always in a Faux Hawk. It's like there is a little bit of rock star in there somewhere just peeking out at us.
Gosh, I like my kids a lot. I can't believe that my parents loved me this much... It does explain their patience when I call and blabber about my life. I am waiting in eager anticipation for when Roman and Selah can not only tell me about the events of their day, but also about how they feel about the day.
Thanks Mom and Dad.
| Roman loves to line things up. All sorts of thing, all the time, . |
No comments:
Post a Comment