Thursday, September 9, 2010

Words

Today Roman turned around, looked at me, and said, "Sesame Street," as plain as day. Gone is his "Ch, Ch, Ch," that has meant Sesame Street for the last 6 months or so. It feels like he has started throwing in new words every few hours. New words for this last week include the easily explainable nap and agua. A bit more unexpected are words like yak and Nemo.  Nemo comes from "Finding Nemo", which around here is titled "Daddy, Nemo". Yak comes from an old set of phonetics cards I bought at a thrift store the other day for use in crafting, not for instructing my two year old in Himalayan bovine identification.
Roman has also been working on identifying things as big, medium, and small. All things can be clearly labeled by size using the terms giant, mama, and baby. The Washington Monument is giant (actually we think he thinks it is a giant). Our friends' Newfoundland is a mama dog, and their spaniel is a baby dog. Whole frosted mini wheats are mamas, while little broken ones are babies.

In Selah's world sleep is still her primary function. She loves it, lives for it. She sleeps through the night most nights, and if she awakens during the night it is once and for a quick bite to eat. She is working hard at trying to hold her head up high. I know she will get there soon.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Much love to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I put lots of exclamation points because I want to hug you all so much or because I'm soo excited to be your sister-in-law and aunt. I know it's not because I think I have to yell all that way for you to hear me, because these updates make me feel so much closer to your beautiful growings. Love.

    ReplyDelete