Friday, September 17, 2010

Accident Prone

We had a rough day around here on Wednesday. Correction: Roman had a rough day. It started with smacking his cheek bone into a protruding corner. Dawnielle and Kevin were the witnesses, so when Roman recounts what led to his "owie", it sounds like Dawnielle and Kevin are to blame. Mostly he just mumbles something then says "Daw-Nell" and points to the bruise.

A few hours later Roman was spinning in circles while nodding his head, which led to a predictable collision between his forehead and the corner of the coffee table. It left a pretty nice dent in his forehead, right above the hair line. Just a dot of blood, but a LOT of screaming.

Hours later, as we were headed up to bed, Roman was backing away from me to avoid going to sleep. He tripped over his little blue wagon and landed on the edge. Now he has a nice bruise on his bum to match the two on his face. It is not a pretty picture. Poor little boy. (You know, I should take a picture.)

I have also been telling people around here about our Thursday morning squabble. Roman was quite upset that I unsnapped his pajamas. He held the two parts together between his legs and yelled, "SNAP, SNAP, SNAP," while wailing. I told him that if he did not obey me he would get a timeout. He looked at me, and... Put Himself Into Timeout! He walked down to the landing, sat on a stair, and stared straight ahead. After a minute or so I asked him if he was ready to take off his pajamas. He walked up the stairs with a smile, and he held his hands up and waited for me to remove his pajamas. What two year old puts himself into timeout? I guess he knew what he needed.

1 comment:

  1. Sad for the owies!

    and ADORE the pajama story.

    Thank you for sharing.

    LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete