So, I didn't get to the laundry. The kitchen was a mess when my husband and housemates got home. Dinner was quickly heated pre-made potstickers from Costco. Toys are everywhere, I feel like I could probably find some stashed behind my ears. BUT... Roman peed in the potty and Selah mastered the bootie-scootch.
That is right. My little boy is starting the potty training business. We set a timer for every 15 minutes and when the timer dinged, Roman ran to the potty to try his best. It took over an hour of false alarms, but he is so proud to say, "I did it all by myself." (Some around here have had the rather snarky response that peeing is always a by-myself activity, but I am choosing to overlook the snarkiness.)
Selah has been working so hard to move herself inch by inch, toy to toy, for the last several weeks. Little by little she would work herself a few feet over the course of 20 or 30 minutes. Not today, no sir. Selah saw her big brother diligently working on his little Thomas the Train puzzle across the kitchen, and she knew she wanted to be part of that action. She hesitated for a minute, unsure if she wanted to leave behind the comfort of toys she knew she could reach. Then she gathered together all of her not-inconsequential reserves and she scooted. Again and again. From a seated position, she stuck out her sweet little left leg, and scooted her body forward. Roman never saw it coming. She had a puzzle piece in her mouth before he even knew what happened.
Roman is not thrilled with his sister's achievement. Life is about to become a little bit more complicated for our little boy and a lot more exciting for our little girl.
Oh, yeah. Selah also finished cutting her fourth bottom tooth, and she started on her first top tooth!
The laundry can wait!
amen and woohoo!!
ReplyDeleteThe laundry and dishes will wait, but time with Roman and Selah won't. They will grow up very quickly, and then you will have lots of time for laundry and dishes. I am so proud of you for getting your priorities straight. Love you. Mom H.
ReplyDelete