Roman and I were reading a book the other day which closes with a picture of two pair of feet peeking out from the end of a big bed and one pair of little feet sticking out from the end of a little bed. (It is quite obvious from the outside observer that this is a family in a hotel room... mother, father, and child in his own bed.) Roman pointed to the big bed and told me that those were Roman and Mama's feet. I asked him who was in the little bed, and he told me that was Daddy.
A few days later I was on sitting in the castle tent on Roman's bed waiting for him to come in and begin his nap. He crawled in towards me with a big smile on his face, "Are you the queen?," he asked.
"I am. Are you my prince?"
"No, I am the king," he responded.
"If you are the king, what is Daddy?"
"Umm." Roman pondered the question while rubbing his chin and looking off into space, "The zookeeper."
I. love. it.
ReplyDeleteHere's to the queen and the zookeeper.